Bonitas Hospital Plus Explained
March 23, 2017
The Bonitas hospital plan gives you wide-ranging medical benefits plus value for money extras. Here we will have a look at the Bonitas hospital plus plan.
Importantly, Bonitas negotiates with medical providers to guarantee you the best possible healthcare and all members have access to private hospitals.
Under The Bonitas Hospital Plus plan, you get access to:
- No limit coverage of up to 200% for hospital stays.
- You are not charged co-payments for CT scan or MRI’s.
- Benefits for after hospital medication.
- Low copayments for various in-hospital operations.
- Cancer patients get half a million in coverage including access to medication.
- Medical coverage for 27 chronic diseases.
- Infant, child and maternity benefits.
- And also yearly health checkups
What you’ll get if you go to hospital
In the event of hospitalisation, you will have access to a wide range of private hospitals.
Your coverage is as follows:
- Unlimited access to GP and Specialist Consultations.
- As many blood and laboratory tests as you need.
- Unlimited X-rays and ultrasounds.
- MRIs and CT scan cost R26 100 per patient.
- If you hospitalised for dental surgery, you’d be charged a R3000 co-payment.
- Hospitalisation for mental health issues costs R29 000 per patient.
- You get R490 per patient in after hospital medication.
- Physical rehab costs R44 650 per patient.
- Oncology treatment is charged at R566 700 per patient.
- You can have as much kidney dialysis as you need.
- Unlimited access to organ transplants.
- HIV/AIDS treatment have full coverage.
- Alternatives to the hospital, such as a hospice or clinic, costs R14 900 per patient.
Benefits which cover chronic medication
The Bonitas Hospital plans do provide for 27 different types of chronic medication. So if you do not use the registered health provider or choose medication which is not on the approved list, you’ll be charged a 40% co-payment.
The plan provides medication for common diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, asthma, epilepsy and HIV/AIDS. It also covers Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, bronchitis and bipolar disorder.
Additional benefits of the Bonitas hospital plus
The Bonitas hospital plus comes with a wide range of benefits for pregnant women, infants and children.
You get six antenatal consultations as well as four midwives visits after birth.
Also, if you have children under three, you get access to a 24/7 helpline for medical consultation.
There are also provisions for women’s health and the elderly. You also get one mammogram every two years and one pap smear every three years.
Not only that you also get access to regular health checkups.
So a GP will test your blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, Body mass index and waist to hip ration. It also includes flu vaccines and HIV tests.
You’ll also get access to the Bonitas “Wellness Extender.”
All info was correct at time of publishing