Get a Medical Aid Quote from Discovery
March 23, 2017
If you are a South African contemplating joining a medical aid scheme, you have no doubt heard of Discovery, one of the biggest, most successful medical aids in the country. Before joining any medical aid, you need to do your research. And find the one that will meet your particular needs and pocket. When all is said and done, Discovery is one that will no doubt meet all your needs. Get a medical aid quote from Discovery to find out more.
23 different choices – medical aid quote from Discovery
Discovery also offers you comprehensive benefits where you can select from around 23 different plans. So each of them can offer you full benefits and unlimited hospital cover in private hospitals. If you are looking for full cover in a very extensive network of health services, Discovery won’t disappoint. So rest assured that whatever the diagnosis is from your doctor, you will be able to access only the best healthcare facilities and services available.
Vitality Wellness is within Discovery
Your contributions each month to Discovery to receive the best in medical care is often lower than what you would contribute to other South African medical schemes. So you will have the opportunity to join Vitality, a leading world wellness programme, promising to lead you towards a healthier lifestyle.
To access a medical quote from Discover you only need to apply online on the Discovery website, or you can call the customer hotline which is 0860998877 from Mondays to Fridays between 07h00 and 20h00. Saturdays are also from 08h00 to 13h00. They are closed on Sundays and public holidays.
This is how the Discovery plans are all put together:
- CIB – Chronic Illness Benefit: All Discovery plans will cover approved medicines for conditions in the Prescribed Minimum Benefit Chronic Disease list. Some plans will have extra conditions
- Hospital: Discovery has no overall limit regarding hospital cover. Most of the plans will have provision for you to go to any private hospital
- MSA – Medical Savings Account: On some of Discovery’s selected plans, they will pay your day-to-day medical costs out of your MSA or Medical Savings Account. This enables you to manage your spending
- Prevention and Screening: Discovery offers you and your family access to prevention and screening tests which detect early signs of any serious illnesses.
- DEB – Day-to-Day Extender Benefit: Discovery will extend your day-to-day expense cover via their Day-to-Day Extender Benefit when you have used up your MSA portion.
- ATB – Above Threshold Benefit: Discovery will give you further day-to-day cover on certain of their plans with this benefit.
Discovery believes that everybody has their specific health needs. They are also confident they have a medical plan that will fit your particular need and your budget.
Discovery’s exciting plans with prices in a nutshell
- Executive Plan: Extensive cover from R5544
- Comprehensive Series: Day-to-day cover and in-hospital cover from R3410
- Priority Series: In-hospital cover, day-to-day cover and chronic medicine cover from R2551
- Saver Series: Very economical with day-to-day benefits through your medical savings account and chronic medicine cover from R1634
- Core Series: A hospital plan providing unlimited hospital cover in private hospitals and chronic medicine cover from R1317. No day-to-day cover
- Smart Series: Very cost-effective cover for in-hospital stays, chronic medicine cover. Limited day-to-day cover from specific network providers from R1100.
- Keycare Series: Medical cover from providers from specific network providers for in- and out-hospital treatments from R644
- Extra Benefits and Savings: You receive access to valued savings and offers which enhance your cover as well as access to digital tools so you can manage your health around the clock.
Get a medical aid quote from Discovery – they are just a phone call away.
All info was correct at time of publishing