OnePlan is NOT a medical aid
September 26, 2019
One Plan is a popular form of health cover in South Africa. But South Africans should know that OnePlan is not a medical aid but instead a form of short-term health insurance.
Here is how OnePlan health insurance differs from medical scheme membership:
- The amount that OnePlan will pay out in the event of a successful claim. will not relate to the amounts that appear on your medical and hospital bills. Instead that relates to the number of days you have spent in hospital, for example. Or how many doctor and specialist visits you have had.
- Short-term insurance companies such as OnePlan offer health insurance. Medical schemes may not offer these.
- Health insurance, which One Plan is, does not offer Prescribed Minimum Benefits as medical schemes do in accordance with the law.
- Health insurance companies do not negotiate with healthcare providers. As expressed above, health insurance payouts relate to to the precise details as outlined in your OnePlan option. See more here about OnePlan options here.
- Health insurance is much cheaper than any medical aid plan precisely because payouts are closely described. There will be no surprises regarding your OnePlan claims and payouts.
- A health cover policy such as OnePlan is perfect for healthy people, particularly healthy young people. At the very least make sure you have health insurance – especially if you have not medical aid membership.
How do I sign up for One Plan?
The first step is to make contact with a OnePlan expert agent to describe your requirements and request a dedicated quotation. You can do this online. Please complete and submit the short contact form on this page. We will be in touch to discuss your needs. We will give a quote and sign you up.
Act now! Do not get caught with unpaid bills relating to your accident or illness. Complete and submit the form on this page
All info was correct at time of publishing