Bestmed Medical Aid
Bestmed medical aid is another popular scheme that often appears in the top medical aid searches along with Discovery medical aid. The scheme offers 9 different plans from a basic hospital plan right up to comprehensive cover for peace of mind.
Bestmed’s mission is to “operate a non-profit mutual medical scheme” and in so doing will pursue the interests of its members by managing the scheme ethically and morally; building good relations with interest groups and by utilising expert employees along with high-class technology.
Bestmed medical scheme offer the Beat range, Pace range and Pulse range plans.
The Beat range is a great solution for people who want straightforward hospital plans. There are three options within the plan:
- Beat 1 is ideal for younger members who are healthy and mind their wellness. Beat 1 offers full in-hospital cover for in case of emergencies but the plan also provides cover for oral contraceptives and flu vaccines.
- Beat 2 is perfect for members who are careful to prevent illness and therefore includes cover for flu vaccines, contraceptives and immunisations. The plan further offers extensive hospital cover as well as chronic disease medication cover. This plan is also good for small families.
- Beat 3 is a good option if you want to start a family and are looking for a plan with adequate maternity benefits. The plan also covers a wide range of hospital benefits as well as cover for unforeseen chronic medication.
The Pace range is a full hospital plan with additional funds provided by Bestmed medical aid as well as further savings that allow members the flexibility of managing day-to-day and out-of-hospital expenses. There are 4 options in the Pace range:
- Pace 1 will suite members who are healthy and in the process of growing their family. The plan offers a hospital plan along with day-to-day cover and adequate preventative care such as PAP smears, HIV tests and various vaccines. There is also cover from chronic medication.
- Pace 2 is a good option for established families and includes a decent amount of day-to-day cover and the flexibility to choose doctors and specialists. There are also adequate out-of-hospital benefits and cover for various chronic conditions.
- Pace 3 is for the mature family who may require a bit more medical attention and therefore adequate cover for chronic diseases and hospitalisation is provided. Further the plan offers substantial day-to-day medical cover that won’t affect your savings account.
- Pace 4 is a great comprehensive plan for older families who may accrue above average medical expenses. Pace 4 offers the security of extensive benefits for hospitalisation, chronic diseases, day-to-day care as well as preventative care.
The Pulse range provides full hospital benefits along with various out-of-hospital benefits from designated network providers. There are 2 options:
- Pulse 1 provides the benefit of all-inclusive hospital cover as well as comprehensive day-to-day benefits. The plan further provides travel cover, GP consultations, chronic medication and wellness management programs.
- Pulse 2 offers extensive cover with a network option which covers both in and out-of-hospital expenses including medicines. Flu vaccinations and paediatric immunisations are also included.
Bestmed medical aid offers a variety of plans for differing needs and budgets.