The best medical aid plan you can get is Bestmed Medical Aid.
Bestmed medical aid is a popular scheme that often appears in the top medical aid searches. The scheme has 9 plans from basic hospital cover to comprehensive cover.
Bestmed’s mission is to “run a caring non-profit scheme” and look after the interests of its members. They manage the scheme ethically and build good relations with interest groups using expert employees and first-class technology.
Bestmed medical Aid and Their range of Plans –
The Beat Range
A great plan for people who want simple hospital plans. There are three options within the plan:
- Beat 1 is for healthy younger members who take care of their health. The plan offers full in-hospital cover in case of an emergency. The plan also provides cover for oral contraceptives and flu vaccines.
- Beat 2 for members who are careful to prevent illness. Therefore, the plan includes flu vaccines, contraceptives and immunisation. It offers extensive hospital and chronic disease medication cover. Good for small families.
- Beat 3 is a good option if you want to start a family and need a plan with maternity benefits. It also covers a wide range of hospital benefits as well as cover for chronic medication.
The Pace Range
This is a full hospital plan with added funds as well as further savings. This allows members to manage day-to-day and out-of-hospital expenses. There are 4 options within the Pace range:
- Pace 1 suits healthy members who are in the process of growing their family. The plan offers a hospital plan along with a day-to-day cover and preventative care such as PAP smears, HIV tests and various vaccines. There is also cover for chronic medication.
- Pace 2 is for established families and includes an amount of day-to-day cover and the option to choose doctors and specialists. There are also out-of-hospital benefits and cover for various chronic conditions.
- Pace 3 for the mature family who requires a bit more medical attention. Therefore, the plan includes cover for chronic diseases and hospitalisation. Further, the plan has a day-to-day medical cover that won’t affect your savings account.
- Pace 4 a great comprehensive plan for older families who may have above average medical costs. Pace 4 offers the security of extra benefits for a stay in hospital, chronic diseases, day-to-day care as well as preventative care.
The Pulse Range
The Pulse range provides full hospital benefits along with other out-of-hospital benefits from chosen network providers. There are 2 options:
- Pulse 1 provides the benefit of all-inclusive hospital cover as well as full day-to-day benefits. The plan provides travel cover, GP consultations, chronic medication and wellness management programs.
- Pulse 2 offers an extensive cover with a network option which covers both in and out-of-hospital costs including medicines. Flu vaccinations and paediatric immunisation are also included.
As you can see, Bestmed medical aid offers a variety of plans for all needs and budgets.