Discovery Hospital Plan Benefits
The Discovery hospital plan is the largest medical scheme in South Africa and one of many products in the sector offered by this large organisation. The company enjoys an enviable AA+ credit rating that is something few other business in this sector can match.
The range of medical plans they offer provide members with all levels of health care. There are is series of six distinctive plans available. The specific choice of plan should be made depending on the new member’s financial situation as well as their medical requirements.
Medical Care That You Can Afford
Not everyone can afford the most comprehensive health care products out there and this is what is important to Discovery Health. They understand that even with more limited means, some people still want comprehensive cover.
Medical care is very expensive and few can afford it when they are involved in an accident, or if a problem arises that needs urgent attention. Younger people also tend to be fit and healthy so just don’t need full medical cover. Hospital plans are ideal for this type of person.
What’s Involved in the KeyCare Plan?
There are two distinctly different plans in the KeyCare range. Both provide cover if you are hospitalised that is excellent and cost effective at the same time. To do this they use a network of pre-approved hospitals, Doctors and other medical specialists. Members can’t choose the hospital of their choice; they need to attend one that is pre-approved. The schemes also offer members trauma recovery benefits.
Key features include:
- Full cover for members of both plans when they are admitted to an approved hospital. Specialist treatment is also fully covered if the specialist is registered in the KeyCare program. Members do need to ascertain this before embarking on treatment. Cover also exists for a defined list of treatments and procedures, so this should also be checked my members who need to be fully aware of the terms of the plan.
- Emergency treatment provided by the Casualty unit in any hospital that is approved is fully covered. Members must meet the first 185 rand of the total cost as the plans benefits do not cover this.
- Members are entitled to 21 days treatment for alcohol and drug abuse treatments. Mental health treatments are also covered and both medical plans will offer the full cost of treatment.
- Cover is also offered for a defined list of chronic illnesses. Members also need to be aware that chronic medications must be obtained from a pharmacy that is part of the scheme and the medication must also be approved.
- There are no day-today benefits available to KeyCare Core members. KeyCare Plus members get access to GPs, dentists and optometrists, once again, if they are members of the scheme and are pre-approved. There is also a range of disability benefits that includes the purchase of a wide variety of mobility devices.
At all stages in life, everyone needs some form of medical care to meet medical expenses. The two KeyCare plans mean members can have peace of mind and know they are covered in the event of a medical emergency and have access to the best care possible. These are not comprehensive medical aids but hospital plans.