Pharos Medical Scheme Information
December 27, 2012
Pharos Medical scheme is an affordable medical aid that offers numerous plans and solutions to meet the needs of various lifestyles and medical needs.
The medical aid provides members with their own dedicated professional nurse who offers medical guidance and support when required.
The scheme further provides income related options and should an individual earn less than R7500 they might qualify for a 50% reduction. Children under 1 qualify for substantial discounts and there are free health management programs.
When looking for medical aid South Africa, you should do some research into what different medical aid schemes have to offer and decide on the best option for your needs and pocket. Try to compare Discovery medical aid to Pharos medical aid during your research.
The Pharos medical scheme offers 7 different plans
- Methcare is a traditional plan that offers certain benefits paid on an 80% basis. There is cover for in-hospital major medical expenses as are day-to-day covers. Emergency transportation is also provided for.
- Footprint Comprehensive is a great entry level plan at an affordable price that allows members the freedom of choice. Chronic medication benefits are provided and numerous in-hospital elements are covered such as maternity benefits, renal dialysis and spinal surgery.
- Paladin Comprehensive is a mid-range plan that offers unlimited hospital cover and generous day-to-day and chronic benefits. Some of the in-hospital benefits include fees for trauma treatment, MRI and CT scans, Psychiatric expenses and oncology.
- Rainbow Comprehensive is a top of the range plan that offers unlimited hospital cover at a members’ choice of private hospitals as well as unlimited chronic and day-to-day benefits at private providers. This is an ideal option for members who require full cover and who perhaps require on-going medical care and medication.
- Active Saver also offers unlimited private hospital cover and preventative care is provided for such as contraception and flu vaccinations. There is adequate maternity cover too as well as baby immunisation benefits. Sports injuries are provided for and there is a generous day-to-day medical expenses allowance.
- Rainbow Plus is a Pharos medical scheme plan that offers unlimited cover and substantial day-to-day cover that is funded by a savings account. This means that members have the flexibility of managing their medical expenses.
- Footprint primary is an entry level hospital plan that provides unlimited overall annual benefits and chronic medication cover.
Pharos medical scheme cares about the health and well-being of its members and therefore offers fitness incentives via the Pharadigm Lifestyle Enhancement Program.
Choosing a medical aid scheme
Choosing a medical aid scheme is an important decision. Members need to decide on a budget and what their needs are, such as basic hospital cover for instance of illness and emergencies or comprehensive cover for hospitalisation, dentistry, optometry, GP and specialist consultations and chronic medication benefits.
A persons’ lifestyle will also play a role in their choice of schemes and plans. Take some time to investigate all the options available and find the right plan for you.
All info was correct at time of publishing