Medical Aid Fees for Discovery Health Plans
Discovery claims to have the best health care cover, offering many different plans for the rainbow nation. Altogether, Discovery has a choice of 30 different plans, with different monthly contributions, and different levels of benefits. Therefore, the monthly contribution in each plan below is an average one, based on a family of 2 adults and 3 children. So let’s look at some of their plans and medical aid fees.
The Medical Savings Account
- Of the total monthly contribution for your chosen plan, a portion will go to the Medical Savings Account, out of which your day-to-day expenses come.
- Each medical Savings Account has an Annual Threshold. So once your Savings Account is exhausted, any further medical expenses will be paid by you until this Annual Threshold is reached.
- Thereafter, for the rest of the year, and if you’re on the Executive or Comprehensive Plans, your benefits from your medical savings will be unlimited.
- On the Priority Plans, once you reach the Annual Threshold, you will have another limit to what you can then claim from your Medical Savings Account.
Only 4 Plans have these Savings Accounts : The Executive Plan, The Comprehensive Series, The Priority Series, and The Saver Series.
Medical Aid Fees – The Executive Plan
This Plan is the most extensive in-hospital and out-of-hospital cover. Significantly, it pays up to 300% of the Discovery rate for specialists. And this plan has a Medical Savings Account.
- R12,732 monthly contribution for a family of 5
Medical Aid Fees – The Comprehensive Series
This Series has extensive in-hospital and out-of hospital cover. You may go to any private hospital. Within the series you have 5 different plans:
- Classic Comprehensive. R10,241 monthly contribution for a family of 5
- Classic Delta Comprehensive. R9,221
- Classic Zero MSA. R7,683
- Essential Comprehensive. R8,624
- Essential Delta Comprehensive. R7,757
These all have Medical Savings Accounts,except Classic Zero MSA. The Classic plans have up to 200% cover for specialists, and the Essential plans up to 100%.
Medical Aid Fees – The Saver Series
This Series gives cost-effective in-hospital and out-of-hospital cover. Any private hospital may be used. And the Classic plans Pay up to 200% for specialists, and the Essential and Coastal plans up to 100%.
- Classic Saver. R7,004 monthly contribution for a family of 5
- Classic Delta Saver. R5,604
- Essential Saver. R5,494
- Essential Delta Saver. R4,393
- Coastal Saver. R5,509
All these plans have Medical Savings Accounts.
Medical Aid Fees – The Smart Plan
This plan gives cost effective in-hospital benefits as well as day-to-day cover. Because this is a Network plan, it has a Smart Network of selected doctors, specialists, hospital and other para-medical facilities for all services.
- R4,167 monthly contribution for a family of 5
This plan has no Medical savings Account.
Medical Aid Fees – The KeyCare Series
Importantly, this Series offers the best, most affordable cover through a network of hospitals and doctors.
- KeyCare Plus – 4 different income-based plans with a monthly contribution for a family of 5 ranging between R1,450 and R4,860.
- KeyCare Access – 4 different income-based plans with a monthly contribution for a family of 5 ranging between R1,940 and R4,764.
- And KeyCare Core – 3 different income-based plans with a monthly contribution for a family of 5 ranging between R1,849 and R3,429.
Some plans have been left out, but you can get an idea that Discovery offers plans that suit every lifestyle and every budget.