Profmed Medical Care for Extraordinary Talent
November 3, 2015
Most people are just looking for an affordable medical aid that takes care of their individual needs. Every medical aid is different, and while some people are at a point in their life where they feel hospital cover is enough, others have a specific illness that they want their plan to cover. Whichever situation you are in, make sure that your medical aid will cover it. Profmed medical care is a restricted medical aid scheme which is available to professionals.
To belong to the Profmed Medical Scheme you will need to have a degree and/or qualification of 4 years or more from a university, 2 three-year degrees as well as a 3 year degree with a post-graduate qualification of not less than 1 year. In return for this, the scheme offers medical and healthcare benefits offered at affordable rates.
Profmed Medical Care – Low Student Rates
As a leading medical aid scheme, Profmed offers a significant amount of choices, and their unlimited hospital cover and low student rates make it a sought after medical aid scheme.
The Profmed medical scheme offers 5 exceptional options, and you can choose the option you like according to your needs and budget. For information on these options, you can download Profmed’s Schedule of Benefits on their website and glean information which can be compared to make your choice. The 5 options you have are –
- ProSecure Plus
- ProActive Plus
- ProPinnacle – this is Profmed’s most extensive medical cover offering unlimited in-hospital cover in private wards. You’ll also enjoy comprehensive chronic and day-to-day cover. For both in-and out-of-hospital GP and specialist costs, cover is at 300% of Profmed Tariff rate. This cover gives total peace of mind.
Profmed Medical Care – Awesome Rewards and Discounts
Just like Discovery Health with its Vitality Program, Profmed offers its Multiply Wellness Programme. All Profmed members have access to the their Base Multiply Programme at no cost which offers great rewards and discounts. Members can then upgrade to the Multiply Programme whenever they wish, which offers more benefits for a reasonable monthly fee.
The Multiply Wellness Programme focuses on encouraging members to lead a healthy lifestyle. They offer their member incentives such as points and discounts on gym membership. They also reward members when certain levels of fitness are achieved. For more information on these programmes you can call 0861 100 789.
To become a member of Profmed medical aid scheme, you have the ease of applying online for it. You can also fax application forms. To get hold of the application forms or if you want any queries answered, you can call them on 0800 DEGREE (334 733) or you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Profmed Medical Care – A Medical Scheme Explicitly for Professionals
As the largest restricted medical aid scheme in South Africa, the Profmed medical scheme has a financially stable solvency level. Medical aid is also tailored to suit the lifestyle of professionals. The scheme offers its professionals many benefits, some of which are –
- 26 chronic conditions covered, and this is on all options
- unlimited hospitilisation cover
- no co-payments or deposit for hospitilisation admissions
- primary care day to day benefits on the Pro-Active option
- 24 hour post-trauma management benefit
- depending on option, chronic and DTP conditions covered
- cover for adventure leisure sport
- private wards on some options
- excellent maternity benefits
- international travel medical assistance
- private rates reimbursed at 300% of Profmed Tariff on ProPinnacle and 200% on ProSecure Plus and ProActive Plus
With so much quality, affordability and benefit highlights, every professional needs to take a serious look at this medical scheme designed explicitly for them.
All info was correct at time of publishing